Super Late Model
- All cars will be 2 wheel rear drive.
- All cars must have 4-wheel independent suspension.
- All cars will be single speed transmissions. No Direct Drives.
- No straight axle cars allowed.
- Radio use is limited to 2 channels only, no wings adjustable from radio, no front brakes allowed.
- Any oval specific 2WD chassis (Custom Works, Hyperdrive or custom built chassis allowed)
- Any 1/10 2WD buggy ( aftermarket or offset chassis ok)
- Custom carbon fiber built chassis are allowed
- Wheelbase: 9.500” min, 11.500″ max
- Maximum width: 10.250″ (rubber tires)
MOTORS & ESC
- Any 1/10th scale 540 sized electric motor
- NO (4) Pole or KV rated motors (Turn Limit may be added if requested by the racers)
- ESC – open and can be ran in any mode
- Any 2 cell 7.4V LiPo battery
- Batteries must use a quick release connector for connection to the ESC.
- Must be hard case.
All height measurements are from bottom of chassis unless otherwise noted.
The only bodies legal for the Late Model class are those that have been approved by DirtOval.com and are listed on the DODC Approved Late Model body list.
Molded portion of body can be no longer than 22”.
Late Model bodies may have openings for cylinder head, fuel tank access, glow plug, engine tuning, and exhaust outlets only. An under body support may be added to brace each rear quarter panel, but must hold it in stock position, cannot be flared out. No additional wings, flaps, spoilers, wickers, vents or doohickeys will be allowed. Body may not be altered in any way from its stock configuration ie: shortened, lengthened, narrowed, flared fenders etc. Front and rear windows may be removed at trim lines but a flat Lexan or similar material deck must be added in cockpit area. Bodies with add on roofs may leave front and rear windows in or out but roofs must be mounted in stock position. All four wheel wells must be cut out to appropriate scale dimensions.
- Rear Spoiler: maximum chord from body deck including any wickerbills:
- 2.50″ for Buggy Tire
- Rear Spoiler End Cap: See Drawing
- Maximum rear deck height from bottom of chassis is 4.0″
DODC Approved Late Model Body List:
- Custom Works #9012 Eldora Late Model (10.0″)
- Custom Works #9015 Springfield Late Model (10.0″)
- Custom Works #9016 Paducah 2 Late Model (10.0″)
- Custom Works #9070 Keystone Late Model (9.0″)
- Custom Works #9071 Buckeye Late Model (9.5″)
- Custom Works #9072 Mountaineer Late Model (10.0″)
- MR Kustoms Late Model Bodies
- McAllister #207 Tulsa Late Model
- McAllister #250 Vegas Late Model
- McAllister #252 Winchester Late Model
- McAllister #237 Bakersfield Late Model
- MR Kustoms #18HK030 Hurrikane Late Model (.030 Thick)
- MR Kustoms #18HK040 Hurrikane Late Model (.040 thick)
- BMS Racing #P103 Shadow
- Factory Works #7353 Rocket Late Model
- Factory Works #7357 Concord Late Model
- Shark RC Volunteer Late Model
- Shark RC Nightmare Late Model
- Shark RC Volunteer 10″
- Shark RC Nightmare HD 9.5″
- Stalker Bodies #009 Sniper 9 Late Model
- Stalker Bodies #010 Sniper Late Model
- Stalker Bodies #011 Specter 9.5
- Stalker Bodies #012 Specter 10
- Stalker Bodies Specter 9.0
- Stalker Bodies Prowler 10
- Protoform #1234-21 Cyclone 9.5 Late Model
- Protoform #1235-21 Cyclone 10.0 Late Model
- Protoform #1238-30 Nor’easter Late Model
- Molded (1)- piece Late Model bodies only.
- No additional wings, flaps, spoilers, wickers, vents or air devices allowed.
- No metal body parts are permitted.
- Rear spoiler 2.5″ max from deck.
- Rear spoiler can only be as wide as the body at rear quarter panels.
- The end caps must be a triangle shape.
- You may have one fin on the spoiler and two side caps.
- The third fin must also be the same dimension as side cap.
- Third fin may located anywhere on the spoiler between the two side caps.
- The fin must be in line with the side caps on the front leading edge.
- No AirDams or SideDams of any kind!
TIRES & WHEELS
- Must run 1/10th tires and wheels
- Rubber Tires Only
- Max wheel diameter: Front & Rear: 2.200”
- Max wheel width: Front: 1.000” / Rear: 1.750”
- Max tire width: Front: 1.250” / Rear: 1.850”
- Tires must fit under the body.
- No foams, silicones, siping or grooving allowed.
- Tire Sauce is allowed, MRP is the preferred sauce for Gulf Coast Speedway. Tires must be dry when entering the racing surface!
Revised February 10th, 2019.