ARCDS Traxxas Late Model
- Traxxas 2wd (Slash or Raptor Chassis Only), LCG CHASSIS ALLOWED
- Original MFG suspension parts only, no other parts allowed (such as from RPM)
- Original MFG chassis parts only, no aftermarket hop-ups, no optional aluminum parts.
- Front body post brace can be retained as a (shock tower support).
- Left side and rear bumpers can also be removed, if desired.
- Major alterations to the chassis or modification to drivetrain/suspension components is not allowed
- Electronics (RX/ESC/AMB) must be installed within chassis surface, no outside installation.
- Battery brace can be trimmed to allow different LiPo battery wire Configuration
- ESC & Motor combination is as follows:
- Hobbywing XR10 Justock Sensored Brushless ESC/SD G2.1 Motor Combo (10.5T)
- A 30mm cooling fan is allowed to cool the motor.
- No traction control or AVC systems allowed.
- Original Traxxas 2075 servo allowed.
- Traxxas 2075x (servo) and Traxxas 2072x (gears) are allowed as alternative’ servo.
- The “SAVOX SC-0252MG Digital Servo” is allowed, this is an ‘alternative’ servo.
- SAVOX gear set (SAVSGSC0251MG) can be used to ‘upgrade’ the Traxxas 2075 to metal gears.
- It is allowed to ‘pin’ the servo saver (white) or bell crank(black)…be advised the servo gears might get broken under a heavy crash!!!
- Original Traxxas plastic servo saver/bell crank only (white or black system) it is allowed to mix the components (i.e. black servo horn with white bell crank). +
- 2-cell 7.4v LiPo battery with a maximum of 6500mah and 100c, with external plug, including “bullet type” connectors is allowed. No LiHV packs allowed, meaning it must be a 7.4V LiPo Battery!!
- Traxxas spur gears of 76/83/86/90 (ONLY) with all transmission parts in place (slipper).
- Any pinion size is allowed, must be steel pinion. No aluminum pinions allowed.
- No modifications can be made to the transmission’s case (i.e. to allow a biggest gear ratio).
- The gear cover must be removed if asked for visual inspection.
- The only adjustments allowed to the car are those allowed by the original MFG components of the car.
- Your allowed to use any original wheel spacer combination (Black, Grey or any combination of both types). Traxxas spacers only. No aluminum spacers.
- Transmission functionality rule (motor cannot spin while turning slowly one rear wheel a full turn).
- Traxxas Slash *Steel* transmission gears only (internal plastic transmission gears not allowed).
- Adding weight (in any way) is (not allowed), wheel balancing is allowed (sole purpose of wheeling balancing, is not to add weight).
- Read carefully, you may run a slipper eliminator or lock the slipper.
- Traxxas 2WD plastic shocks only (grey or black version) (fronts in front, rears in rear) Aluminum Traxxas Shock Cap Allowed.
- Original Rear White Springs (Traxxas 5858) only.
- Original White Front Springs (Traxxas 5857).
- No LCG kit springs or aftermarket springs allowed.
- Front springs may be cut, in order to shorten them (no more than 5 rounds removed on ONE end). Means spring can only be cut on one end, you cannot remove coils on each end of the spring.
- The shock’s travel may be shortened with internal shims (i.e. fuel tube or solid shims).
- Original shafts in original cylinder (length and type in proper cylinder).
- Original pistons from kit only (original 1, 2 or 3 hole), no modifications can be made to them.
- No front bump stop suspension; a single original blue bump stop can be used per rear shock (not mandatory).
- No shimming allowed (to reduce slop in suspension parts)., meaning adding spacers on the hinge pins to tighten slop in the plastic pieces.
- All suspension parts (such as A-Arms) must remain in original positions it was designed for (no swapping left to right).
- You may run the Traxxas colored front and rear control arms that are hardened for added protection.
- Rear camber links must remain in original height position (upper hole on shock tower not allowed.
- The rear differential may not be modified or locked in any way. The differential must have normal diff action and cannot turn the motor over when rotating one rear tire against the normal resistance of the motor.
- You may run whatever lubricant on the gears inside the differential as long as it does not spin the motor. If I turn the left rear the right rear needs to turn backwards.
- You must run the OEM Slash Transmission that comes out of the kit.
- The aftermarket HOT assemblies are not legal!
- The Proline Pro Series 32P Transmission is not legal!
1. Any original Traxxas Slash rubber tire/wheel/inserts (BFG/KUMHO/SPEC) any wheel combination of the Same Tire Type (i.e. 4 fronts, 4 rear, 3 fronts, 1 rear) “S1” compound* is (Allowed).
2. Tire Sauce is allowed! Tires must be dry when entering the track surface!
1. 1/8 scale SC molded Late Model bodies allowed. Realistic body options are the only allowed and approved bodies. They promote fair racing, safety for our marshals and offer longevity due to the body thicknesses.
2. Body cannot not be homemade, must be molded body from one of the follow manufactures.
3. Homemade bodies are not allowed due to the safety of our corner marshals.
4. Body may be deck, meaning front, sides and rear windows cut out for air to pass through to rear spoiler.
5. Rear spoiler maximum height is 2.5″ from deck including 1/4″ wicker bill.
6. Spoiler end caps are allowed, maximum 3.25″ long and 2.5″ tall. A third spoiler fin is allowed anywhere in between the rear spoiler endplates. The third fin must match the end plates in size.
See Drawing. Spoiler Support Diag Model (1) (dirtoval.com)
7. All body braces must be under the body and made of lexan or carbon fiber, no aluminum or steel body braces.
8. Please ensure you round all sharp edges.
- MR/Kustom IceMan Dirt Late Model Body (MR/Kustoms has bumper kits available) – Facebook
- Shark Racing Bodies – UFO www.sharkrcbodies.com
- Shark Racing Bodies – Atomic
- Shark Racing Bodies – BAM/F
- Shark Racing Bodies – Assassin
- JBodyRc Crate Late Model: 2021 Crate Late Model & LM-100 Hood Scoop
- Crazy Dave’s SC Late Model Body – www.crazydavesracing.com
- Bumpers can be made of kydex and plastic. No aluminum / steel bumpers or bumper braces.
- The Traxxas rear bumper is the only allowed rear bumper assembly, no homemade or aftermarket rear bumpers.
- If you struggle with bumpers and cannot find or cut the appropriate bumper, message us and we can assist in getting you a bumper cut or made.
RULES ARE SIMPLE, THIS CLASS IS MEANT TO BE “FUN” ALLOWING FOR CLOSE COMPETITION ON EQUAL GROUNDS FOR ALL. NO SECRETS OR ‘VOODOO’. IF YOU WANT TO HIDE YOUR CAR OR RUN SOMETHING THAT COMPETITORS CAN’T RUN. THIS IS NOT THE CLASS FOR YOU. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE FUN IN A CLASS WHERE DRIVER AND SETUP ABILITY IS KING, YOU HAVE FOUND THE RIGHT DIVISION.
Because the cars are equal you need to make passes cleanly. Driving through the car in front of you in not considered a clean pass. Just because your faster does not mean you dump the car in front of you…… A slower car running the bottom is hard to pass! Work hard, race hard but importantly respect your fellow competitors!!
“IF IT DOES NOT SAY YOU CAN—YOU CAN’T”