- Salvas or Clone Muddboss Bodies – A body can be copied from an Original Salvas Muddboss body to make your own body. All body sides are to be (90 Degree Angle) to the Bodies Decking. No Flared-out sides are allowed or angled doors. RC Dirt Series has templates to ensure your car is legal, door panels, deck heights and rake. If you have re-drilled holes to move the deck, doors or other parts of the body that is illegal.
- If you have made a minor modification to the body it must be approved before being allowed race.
- Traxxas 2wd (Slash or Raptor Chassis Only), LCG CHASSIS ALLOWED
- Original MFG suspension parts only, no other parts allowed (such as from RPM)
- Original MFG chassis parts only, no aftermarket hop-ups, no optional aluminum parts.
- Front bumper, right side bumper must be removed. Front body post brace can be retained as a (shock tower support). It must be cut to fit within hood width.
- Left side and rear bumpers can also be removed (if desired) **rear RPM bumper is allowed
- Traxxas front optional bumper (TRA2735) can be used. Must be (angle down) – Mandatory
- Major alterations to the chassis or modification to drivetrain/suspension components is not allowed
- Electronics (RX/ESC/AMB) must be installed within chassis surface, no outside installation.
- Battery brace can be trimmed to allow different LiPo battery wire Configuration
- ESC & Motor combination is as follows:
- Hobbywing XR10 Justock Sensored Brushless ESC/SD G2.1 Motor Combo (10.5T)
- A 30mm cooling fan is allowed to cool the motor.
- No traction control or AVC systems allowed.
- Original Traxxas 2075 servo allowed.
- Traxxas 2075x (servo) and Traxxas 2072x (gears) are allowed as alternative’ servo.
- The “SAVOX SC-0252MG Digital Servo” is allowed, this is an ‘alternative’ servo.
- SAVOX gear set (SAVSGSC0251MG) can be used to ‘upgrade’ the Traxxas 2075 to metal gears.
- It is allowed to ‘pin’ the servo saver (white) or bell crank(black)…be advised the servo gears might get broken under a heavy crash!!!
- Original Traxxas plastic servo saver/bell crank only (white or black system) it is allowed to mix the components (i.e. black servo horn with white bell crank). +
- 2-cell 7.4v LiPo battery with a maximum of 6500mah and 100c, with external plug, including “bullet type” connectors is allowed.
- Traxxas spur gears of 76/83/86/90 (ONLY) with all transmission parts in place (slipper).
- Any pinion size is allowed, must be steel pinion. No aluminum pinions allowed.
- No modifications can be made to the transmission’s case (i.e. to allow a biggest gear ratio).
- The gear cover must be removed if asked for visual inspection.
- The only adjustments allowed to the car are those allowed by the original MFG components of the car.
- Your allowed to use any original wheel spacer combination (Black, Grey or any combination of both types). Traxxas spacers only. No aluminum spacers.
- Transmission functionality rule (motor cannot spin while turning slowly one rear wheel a full turn).
- Traxxas Slash *Steel* transmission gears only (internal plastic transmission gears not allowed).
- Adding weight (in any way) is (not allowed), wheel balancing is allowed (sole purpose of wheeling balancing, is not to add weight).
- Traxxas 2WD plastic shocks only (grey or black version) (fronts in front, rears in rear) Aluminum Traxxas Shock Cap Allowed.
- Original Rear White Springs (Traxxas 5858) only.
- Original White Front Springs (Traxxas 5857).
- No LCG kit springs or aftermarket springs allowed.
- Front springs may be cut, in order to shorten them (no more than 5 rounds removed on ONE end). Means spring can only be cut on one end, you cannot remove coils on each end of the spring.
- The shock’s travel may be shortened with internal shims (i.e. fuel tube or solid shims).
- Original shafts in original cylinder (length and type in proper cylinder).
- Original pistons from kit only (original 1, 2 or 3 hole), no modifications can be made to them.
- No front bump stop suspension; a single original blue bump stop can be used per rear shock (not mandatory).
- No shimming allowed (to reduce slop in suspension parts)., meaning adding spacers on the hinge pins to tighten slop in the plastic pieces.
- All suspension parts (such as A-Arms) must remain in original positions it was designed for (no swapping left to right).
- You may run the Traxxas colored front and rear control arms that are hardened for added protection.
- Rear camber links must remain in original height position (upper hole on shock tower not allowed.
- The rear differential may not be modified or locked in any way. The differential must have normal diff action and cannot turn the motor over when rotating one rear tire against the normal resistance of the motor.
- You may run whatever lubricant on the gears inside the differential as long as it does not spin the motor. If I turn the left rear the right rear needs to turn backwards.
- You must run the OEM Slash Transmission that comes out of the kit.
- The aftermarket HOT assemblies are not legal in Pro Muddboss or Pro Muddboss!
- The Proline Pro Series 32P Transmission is not legal for MuddBoss or Pro Muddboss!
- Only allowed tires in Muddboss are:
- DE Tires GT6 Grooved in D30 or D40 allowed
- JConcepts Sprinters, any compound
- DE Traxxas Wheels are allowed, any color!
- You may run different offsets for fine tuning
- A soft cleaner such as water and simple green is allowed.
**Anything not mentioned in the above rules will not be allowed or must be approved beforehand**
RULES ARE SIMPLE, THIS CLASS IS MEANT TO BE ‘PRO SPEC CLASS’ AND ALLOWS FOR CLOSE COMPETITION ON EQUAL GROUNDS FOR ALL. THIS CLASS IS ALSO MEANT TO SHOWCASE THE BEST DRIVER AND ALLOW FOR FUN! NO SECRETS OR ‘VOODOO’. IF YOU WANT TO HIDE YOUR CAR OR RUN SOMETHING THAT COMPETITORS CAN’T RUN. THIS IS NOT THE CLASS FOR YOU. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE FUN IN A CLASS WHERE DRIVER AND SETUP ABILITY IS KING, YOU HAVE FOUND THE RIGHT DIVISION.
Because the cars are equal you need to make passes cleanly. Driving through the car in front of you in not considered a clean pass. Just because your faster does not mean you dump the car in front of you…… A slower car running the bottom is hard to pass! Work hard, race hard but importantly respect your fellow competitors!!
“IF IT DOES NOT SAY YOU CAN—YOU CAN’T”
Revised August 1, 2021