The street stock class presented by the RC Dirt Series has been developed to give racers an affordable class to participate in. This class utilizes 2wd 1/10th buggy chassis. All cars can be rear or mid-motor driven but must be 2wd. Please read the rules carefully and check back for updates throughout the season. We are responsive to anything we see driving the cost of racing up or unfair advantages. We empower you to set up the chassis and use the tools provided but we will not allow custom, cutting or relocating of components in this class.
RC Dirt Series – James Cates #11
Any factory 2wd buggy based chassis.
- Cars include B3, B4, B4.2, B5, B5M, B6D.2, Losi-22, Hobao H2, Traxxas Bandit or any 2wd 10th scale buggy based chassis
- Chassis must be original manufacturer kit, No aftermarket, special designed oval type chassis allowed.
- No Chassis Modifications such as (battery offsetting, cutting for weight or etc.)
- Added weight must be Inside the chassis, not handing under, or on the sides. This rule keeps the weight from being knocked off the car and onto the track during an event.
- Stick on weight from the hobby shop is available
- Stock or RPM matched aftermarket parts only
- Aluminum Hub carriers are approved for competition front and rear
- No aluminum suspension arms or shock towers
- May change shock oil, shock pistons and springs
- No Sway Bars allowed in front or rear of car
Weight & Track Width
- Minimum Weight Before & After Race – 59.00 Ounces (Most RTR cars meet this rule out of the box with a street stock body and mounting kit)
- Additional weight can be added, no weight tray device is allowed on the chassis, all weight may be stuck inside the chassis and directly to the chassis. Double stacked weight is acceptable.
- Added weight can be stuck to the body or mounted to the body with screws, rivets, etc.
- Track Width
- Front- 9.875″ – (Outside To Outside, must fit the tech box)
- Rear- 9.875″ – (Outside To Outside, must fit the tech box)
- Minimum- 9.000″
- Maximum- 11.500″
Shocks & Suspension
- Shocks need to be OEM shock, AE on AE and Traxxas on Traxxas.
- Aftermarket springs allowed (CustomWorks, RC4Less & Team Associated are good places to find springs)
- Must use factory shock mounting locations, you cannot drill addtionl holes in the tower, must use OEM hole locations
- Limiting of shocks is allowed inside the shock, this is putting plastic washer under the shock piston to limit the shock extending when rebounding.
Transmission & Motor Location
- Motor may be mid or rear engine only
- Single Speed Transmissions only
- Stock kit transmissions only, No swapping makes of transmissions between cars and manufactures
- May use gear or ball differentials
- Drivetrain upgrades are allowed (Avid Slippers or Schelle are allowed, slipper eliminator are allowed but not recommended)
- Any spur gear or pinion ration combination is allowed
Motors & ESC
- Any 13.5T (2-pole) ROAR legal sensored motor is allowed
- ESC must be ran in “Blinky” mode at all times
- No 1/8th scale motors or 550 SCT motors allowed
- 7.4V or 7.6V Lipo Batteries / MAX Voltage 8.42V (This will be teched).
- 2 cell Lipo 6100mah or less, 100C is max c-rating allowed
- Battery must be in enter of the chassis or in OEM location
- No offsetting battery to left side
- Any radio system or servo
- No AVC, GYRO or additional traction control devices allowed (Automatic DQ)
- Molded type bodies only
- 1/2″ Spoiler is allowed over the stock spoiler. You may have 1/2″ of additional material over the stock spoiler if your body has a built in molded spoiler. It cannot exceed the width of the rear truck and fender area. It cannot stick out past the side of the car.
- Spoiler end caps are not allowed
- No additional wings, flaps, spoilers, wickers, vents or air devices allowed unless specified above
- Decking is not allowed
- Body must be cut to trim lines; No cutting out of the back or over the wheel wells
- Aftermarket body mounts and bumper allowed but metal bumpers or body parts are not permitted
- UPDATED Approved Body List:
- Shark Street Stock Bodies are approved
- Monte Carlo
- JConcepts – #395 Camaro
- McAllister Racing – #321 Crowd Pleaser Mustang
- McAllister Racing – #264 Camaro Street Stock
- McAllister Racing- #268 Monte Carlo Street Stock
- McAllister Racing- #303 Fairlane 500
- McAllister Racing- #290 69 Dodge Charger Street Stock
- McAllister Racing- #134 1/10th 70’ Barracuda Street Stock
- McAllister Racing- #256 Firebird Street Stock
- McAllister Racing- #125 Buick Regal Street Stock
- McAllister Racing- #136 70’ Mustang Street Stock
- McAllister Racing- #313 427 Nova Street Stock
- McAllister Racing- #306 Chevelle Street Stock
- McAllister Racing- #292 59′ Fury Bomber Street Stock
- McAllister Racing- #159 Mercury Bomber
- Custom Works Street Stock Camaro #CWS9075
- MR Kustoms Fat Body Monte Carlo
- MR Kustoms Station Wagon
- Shark Street Stock Bodies are approved
Tires & Wheels
- Rubber Tires Only
- Recommended tires are JConcepts Sprinters, AKA Impacts, Proline Holeshots
- 1/10th Buggy Tires Only
- No rear tires on the front
- Fronts tires must be 2wd buggy tire width.
- No 4wd front tires allowed
- No 1/8th Tires or Wheels Allowed
- No grooving, ghosting or sipping of street stock tires
- No 1/10th Stadium Truck Tires Allowed
If new to racing and not sure the best tire please see the RC Dirt Series director for assistance. This class is to be an inexpensive form of RC racing and a stepping class for those wanting to run Late Models or Sprint Cars. The RC Dirt Series can help you get into this class with Ready To Run packages. For more information call or email us.
Buy at Ready to Run Packages and start racing today!
Revised July 11, 2020