The wait is finally over!! The Allstar R/C Dirt Series presented by Mike’s Hobbies in Porter, Texas is proud to announce the opening of the Dirt Oval at Mike’s Hobbies in Porter, Texas. The ARCD Series will provide 1/10th dirt oval racing enthusiasts a venue to compete against others in organized dirt oval racing events. The dirt oval at Mikes Hobbytown will be ran under the Allstar R/C Dirt Series and be home to the 2020 Allstar R/C Dirt Series racing calendar. Due to COVID19 we will not have a point series this year. Look for points to be back in 2021.
This covered venue will provide door-to-door racing rain or shine 2 times a month. The ARCD Series will have popular dirt oval classes and have classes for those bashers and off-roaders wanting to test the competition and experience dirt oval racing. The track features 15’-0” lanes, 225′ drive line and progressive banking creating a multi-groove oval. Each class is developed to provide close competition while trying to build the R/C dirt oval presence in Southeast Texas. The ARCDS understands that some class rules may need revised in the future.
Typical classes for all racing events:
- Stock Traxxas Spec Slash
- MuddBoss – Traxxas Slash 2wd with MB bodies
- Run-what-ya-brung- No 8th scale cars allowed
- 2wd SC B-Modified – 2wd SCT platform, SC10, 10.2, SC5M, SC6.1, Hobao, etc. )
- 2wd SC A-Modified – 2wd SCT platform, Factory 41, 57 Designs, AFX, XRAY, ERC, etc.)
- 2wd 1/10th buggy chassis based Street Stock
- 2wd Short Course Street Stocks, 2S, Open ESC, 10.5T motors only 540 size motors only
- 1/10th Electric Winged Sprint Cars, 2wd Conversions, Custom Works, F41, Murffdogg, GFRP, etc.
- 1/10th Midwest Modified – Factory 41, AFX, GFRP, 57 Designs, etc.
- 2wd 1/10th 2wd Super Late Models – Factory 41, Associated, Hobao, Losi, Traxxas, Xray, Custom Works, GFRP, 57 Designs, etc.
The 2020 Allstar R/C Dirt Series racing calendar will be made up of 15-20 events. Each class will run two qualifiers and single A-Main. All lower mains will be ran with bump-ups to the higher mains, typically two bump-ups. The Allstar R/C Dirt Series was developed to organize and unite R/C Dirt Oval enthusiasts throughout Texas. Along with monthly racing, the series is seeking opportunities to host regional events and national events. In 2020 we will host the RC Pro Series South Oval Series at Mike’s Hobbies on June 6th, 2020. Don’t miss this event and seeing some of the best racers in Texas battle for the win. The series will provide weekly winners a a-main feature winner sticker and recognition on the Allstar R/C Dirt Series website. The ARCDS will promote and introduce R/C racing to the community through track and class sponsorships and via the web. It’s the Allstar RC Dirt Series goal to build the best dirt oval racing venue and series in Southeast Texas.
Look for the following information to be released soon:
- 1st Annual Showdown On Dirt in 2021 presented by Samano’s Hobbies & T3 Innovations (I have been wanting this race since 2017 and 2021 it will take place on a new venue in Houston, Texas).
For rules, race dates, race times or how to become a sponsor of the Allstar RC Dirt Series and more information about Mike’s Hobbies or Samano’s Hobbies please visit us on the web at: rcdirtseries.com or email us at [email protected]
Follow and “Like” us on Facebook